This is my favorite picture of Bianca and I
Alex (left) and Charcoal "the boys"
     I am a mom to a talented and beautiful 15 year old teenager, Bianca. We have 3 cats and 1 dog. Unfortunately, they all don't get along with each other (I mean the animals!), but we figured ways to get around that.  I am blessed to have a daughter who is respectful and confident in herself. She is my best friend, my date, and my reason for living, but I am first and foremost her mother. I believe if you treat your children with respect, respect you will get back. It is a philosophy that has worked for us and I hope it continues.  I am not oblivious to the fact that this can change at a moments notice. I am enjoying her and her friends wanting to be around for no other reason than to hang out.  I know things will change when she goes to college. I just hope I have this relationship with her for at least 3 years.
Ginger aka "Diva"



   
Milo aka "Bubba"

     I love my family even though at times they can drive me crazy. I wouldn't change a thing about them.  Every time we say we are done adopting a fur baby, we end up adopting a fur baby.  We are already at our home limit of animals. If we get one more it wouldn't be fair to the animals we have. Milo is dropped off at a farm a few times a year whenever I have to go overnight for a conference. There was a Doberman there as well who was 11 weeks old and so sweet.  Really gave some thought to adopting him, but he has medical issues that I know I won't be able to afford.  He has difficulty swallowing his food due to his heart. Milo has medical issues that I have been able to manage holistically, but this would be a huge undertaking that requires surgery and many follow ups to specialty doctors. If I was in a different financial situation it wouldn't be a thought.  I know how hard it is for animals with medical concerns to get adopted and would do it in a hard beat. But, alas, it was not meant to be.  I believe everything happens for a reason and as much as I would have loved him to pieces he deserves a home where they can give him all of it and more.  
     For the past 11 years I chose nursing as my career at the age of 32.  When I began a new chapter in my life I went back to school to start what I should have done when I graduated high school.  I wasn't very smart in my 20's. I look back now and realize what a completely different person I am now.  I read diary entries and letters that I never got a chance to send and realize how selfish and unappreciative of my friends. I lost a very good friend because of this and still feel the loss now. I still carry guilt of a few things that I did back then. I look at my current life as being able to make up for what I did then and be the best person now as I can.  I can't change what I did then, but I certainly know better now.  I have to be the role model for Bianca and show her the importance of being true to yourself and value yourself.  



Comments